Lemon Thyme Cake sounds weird? I like weird and unexpected combinations. A herb that usually is associated with savory dishes, used on a deliciously sweet and tangy cake.
I know I have been absent, but I have huge news:
For the ones that like my travels and are looking for someone that seeks sustainable tourism and loves slow travel, here I am. I just graduated as a Travel designer. No, it is not a travel planner, it goes way beyond it. For more info, check my site www.ditraveldesigner.com.
I promise I will try to be more present, and for the time being, I leave you with another easy, quick to make, healthy, delicious recipe. This lemon and thyme cake will, I hope, make your #stayathome time more pleasurable.
Stay safe and be happy my luvies!
Lemon and Thyme Cake
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups nut flour
- tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter or olive oil
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1/3 cup sweetener of choice (adjust to taste)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 celsius
- Oil a standard loaf pan
- Beat the eggs on high until doubled in volume
- Add the sweetener and beat for 2 to 3 minutes on high
- Add the flour and beat well
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme and olive oil/butter and mix
- Finally fold the baking powder into the batter until well incorporated
- Bake for 50 minutes or until set
- Let it cool down completely