Eggplant with pecorino, and grilled. So Yummy.
The Italian Series have been absent for a while. I have been cooking simple meals and some of them are in line for future postings, but I felt that this simple, yet delicious recipe, deserves to be posted now!
Eggplant is commonly seen as bland, but when properly cooked it is a delight. And that is the case of this recipe.
Easy and quick to make, and yet delicious and nutritious.
It can be eaten as a main dish, but I like to eat it as a side dish with a nice medium rare steak or a chicken fillet.
Hope you all like this eggplant with pecorino. Try it, smile, be happy! And stay safe
Grilled eggplant with Pecorino
- 1 medium eggplant
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp grated pecorino cheese
- 1 tbsp dried oregano leaves
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Slice the eggplants into thin slices (1 cm thick)
- Oil a grill pan with the coconut oil
- Heat the grill pan on the stove
- Grill the eggplant slices until you see nice grill marks and the eggplant softens
- Flip the eggplant slices and grill on the other side
- Arrange the eggplant slices on a serving plate, season, drizzle with the olive oil
- Add the grated cheese and dried oregano leaves