Jam filled muffins sound good right? And if you add buttery on the same recipe it can only be good!!
The muffin recipe is a variation of my Keto Queques https://heelsandspices.com/2019/03/the-humble-keto-queque/ that are so delicious, but they are even simpler to make, and as delicious.
I upped the game by adding a dollop of home made jam, in my case I used both guava jam and berry jam. They turned out moist, delicious and so buttery.
The jam is actually really easy to make:
I blitzed 4 guavas, with 1 tbsp lemon juice, sweetener to taste and 1/2 cup of water in a blender, passed the mix through a sieve to remove the seeds and than took it to the stove to simmer until it reached the desired consistency. This recipe also works for the berry jam.
So here you have, my jam filled muffins, so perfect for a treat, afternoon tea, or just when that desire for a sweet kicks in.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did
Jam filled buttery muffins
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup macadamia flour (or any nut flour)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup sweetener of choice (or add to taste)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Home made jam (use store bought if you prefer) of your choice - I used both guava and berry jam
- Pre-heat the oven to 180º C
- Beat the eggs for 5 minutes until creamy
- Add the sweetener and beat for another 5 minutes
- Add all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well to remove any lumps
- Add the vanilla extract and melted butter and mix well
- Put into a muffin pan (or any other pan you want) and add a tsp of jam to each muffin
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown
- Let it cool completely in a wire rack