Cinnamon Cake is one of those recipes that reminds me of my childhood.
There is something so comforting in the smell of a freshly baked cinnamon cake, don’t you agree?
And when you pair that smell with a flavor that is as amazing, you have a winner.
Either with coffee or tea, this cake will put a smile on your faces, and during these times, that is needed more than ever.
I used a brownie pan, and it gave me 8 cakes, but you can use any other pan to bake it.
Make it, smile, be happy, and let me know if it hit the spot!
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp gluten free baking powder
- 3 tbsp sweetener of choice (adjust to taste)
- Pre heat the oven to 180ºC
- Line a brownie pan with parchment paper
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks
- In a bowl beat the yolks with the sweetener until creamy
- Add the olive oil and beat well
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form
- Fold the whites into the egg yolk mix until well incorporated
- Pour into the brownie pan, and sprinkle with additional cinnamon and chopped nuts (optional)
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set