Lemon curd is definitely one of my favorite sweet treats. The tangy taste and the creamy texture always make me want to eat it by the spoon (shame on me right???).
Sometimes we are so tired or lazy that imagining having to go to the kitchen and spend 45 minutes or more baking a treat is disencouraging.
With that in mind, and although mug cakes are not on the top of my list, I created this recipe.
Its is moist, tangy and sweet, and does perfectly the trick.
So, what are you waiting for? Make it and let me know in the comments how it went.
LCHF Lemon Curd Mug Cake – a perfect treat
- For the Lemon Curd
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- Erythritol or Xylitol to taste (I used 2 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- For the Mug cake
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Almond flour
- 1 tsp xylitol or erythritol
- 1tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon curd
- 1/4 tsp gluten free baking powder
For the Lemon curd
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter on low heat
- Remove from the heat and add the sweetener, lemon juice, and lemon zest whisking until the sweetener dissolves.
- Whisk the egg yolks and add them to the butter mix, and whisk well.
- Return to the stove, again on low heat. Whisk until the curd starts to thicken.
- Strain if it is not smooth
Put in a jar, cover and store in the refrigerator. Lasts one month or more