I tweaked this recipe by request of one of the members of our facebook group. Its a typical Brazilian recipe and this version is as delicious as the original one.
- 100g shredded mozzarella cheese at room temperature
- 70g grated pecorino
- 1 small egg
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seed meal
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp coconut flour
- coconut flour to “bread”
- Mix all ingredients but the coconut flour
- Add coconut flour a bit at a time mixing well between each addition, until you have a sticky but workable mix
- Wet your hands and make small balls, roll them in coconut flour until well coated
- Put the cheese balls in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours
- Fry in coconut oil at high temp
- The cheese balls are better eaten on the same day as they do not reheat well
Using an Air Fryer instead of deep frying will result in a less oily ball, not as golden but equally good.
If you make it and like it, leaving a like or, even better, a comment is welcome and desirable. Its rewarding and also helps improving recipes according to critique
Esta receita foi pedida por um dos membros do nosso grupo do facebook e após várias tentativas consegui reproduzir a original numa versão LCHF tão boa quanto.
- 100g de mozzarella ralado
- 70g de pecorino ralado
- 1 ovo pequeno
- Sal a gosto
- 1 cs de farinha de gergelim
- 1/2 a 1 cs de farinha de coco
- Farinha de coco para empanar
- Óleo para fritar
Se fritar na Air Fryer em vez de fritar em óleo de coco, as bolinhas serão mais sequinhas e igualmente saborosas, talvez menos douradas
As bolinhas de queijo não reaquecem bem e ficam melhor se consumidas no mesmo dia.